Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Launching serial debugger failed: (6 Items)

Launching serial debugger failed  
Hi

I am new to QNX and MOMENTICS IDE. I am trying to debug a "simple hello world" program in the AM3517 EVM target using 
the serial debug. But I am getting errors as attached.

I am booting the target using TFTP boot option and all the drivers are available. I am trying to debug once the target 
is up and running. Pdebug is available and serial driver is also invoked.

Is the procedure correct? Please help...

Thanks
Lisa

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachment: Text serial debug error.txt 2.3 KB
Re: Launching serial debugger failed  
Please provide a bit more detail on how exactly did you setup debug 
configuration in the IDE.

Have you started pdebug on the serial port? Qconn will not work over 
serial line and so you need to run pdebug directly on the serial port, e.g.

# pdebug /dev/ser0

or

#pdebug /dev/ser2,115200

if you want to specify baud rate.

After that, specify correct port on your host (in the debug configuration).

On 11-11-02 05:23 AM, Lisa Damodaran wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to QNX and MOMENTICS IDE. I am trying to debug a "simple hello world" program in the AM3517 EVM target using 
>
> I am booting the target using TFTP boot option and all the drivers are available. I am trying to debug once the target
>
> Is the procedure correct? Please help...
>
>
> Thanks
> Lisa
>
> ________________________________
> ::DISCLAIMER::
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
>
> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and
> attachments please check them for viruses and defect.
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> QNX Momentics Getting Started
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post89820
RE: Launching serial debugger failed  
Hi

I have loaded the ".ifs" image consisting of BSP and hell world application to the target using TFTP boot option.

The basic drivers are invoked in the boot script. Then I started devc-pty and pdebug /dev/ser1 from the serial terminal.

After that switched to debug configuration and launched a serial debug with port as COM1 and the same baud rate as in 
the target(115200). Then I am getting the error.

Where to find .gdbinit file? Error shows that .gdbinit file is not found.

Thanks
Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: Aleksandar Ristovski [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:25 PM
To: momenticsgs-community
Subject: Re: Launching serial debugger failed

Please provide a bit more detail on how exactly did you setup debug 
configuration in the IDE.

Have you started pdebug on the serial port? Qconn will not work over 
serial line and so you need to run pdebug directly on the serial port, e.g.

# pdebug /dev/ser0

or

#pdebug /dev/ser2,115200

if you want to specify baud rate.

After that, specify correct port on your host (in the debug configuration).

On 11-11-02 05:23 AM, Lisa Damodaran wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to QNX and MOMENTICS IDE. I am trying to debug a "simple hello world" program in the AM3517 EVM target using 
>
> I am booting the target using TFTP boot option and all the drivers are available. I am trying to debug once the target
>
>
>
> Thanks
> Lisa
>
-
>
> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and
>
-
>
>
>
>
>

QNX Momentics Getting Started
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post89825
.gdbinit is optional and if you don't have it, then don't worry about 
that "not found" message.

Maybe it is the baud rate mismatch?

Did you start pdebug with the baud rate spec?

# pdebug /dev/ser1,115200

If not explicitly specified, it will default to 57600

On 11-11-03 01:18 AM, Lisa Damodaran wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have loaded the ".ifs" image consisting of BSP and hell world application to the target using TFTP boot option.
>
> The basic drivers are invoked in the boot script. Then I started devc-pty and pdebug /dev/ser1 from the serial 
terminal.
>
> After that switched to debug configuration and launched a serial debug with port as COM1 and the same baud rate as in 
the target(115200). Then I am getting the error.
>
> Where to find .gdbinit file? Error shows that .gdbinit file is not found.
>
> Thanks
> Lisa
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Aleksandar Ristovski [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:25 PM
> To: momenticsgs-community
> Subject: Re: Launching serial debugger failed
>
> Please provide a bit more detail on how exactly did you setup debug
> configuration in the IDE.
>
> Have you started pdebug on the serial port? Qconn will not work over
> serial line and so you need to run pdebug directly on the serial port, e.g.
>
> # pdebug /dev/ser0
>
> or
>
> #pdebug /dev/ser2,115200
>
> if you want to specify baud rate.
>
> After that, specify correct port on your host (in the debug configuration).
>
> On 11-11-02 05:23 AM, Lisa Damodaran wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am new to QNX and MOMENTICS IDE. I am trying to debug a "simple hello world" program in the AM3517 EVM target using
>>
>> I am booting the target using TFTP boot option and all the drivers are available. I am trying to debug once the 
target is up and running. Pdebug is available and serial driver is also invoked.
>>
>> Is the procedure correct? Please help...
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>> Lisa
>>
>> ________________________________
>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
>> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
>> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
>> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
>> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
>> received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and
>> attachments please check them for viruses and defect.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>>
>> QNX Momentics Getting Started
>> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post89820
>
>
>
>
>
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post89825
>
>
>
>
>
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post89844
>
What version of IDE you are using? It looks like binary mismatch problem, do you have same libc installed on target as 
on desktop?

On 11/02/2011 05:23 AM, Lisa Damodaran wrote:
> Hi
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Thanks
> Lisa
> 
-
> 
> 
-
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
RE: Launching serial debugger failed  
I am using the IDE version 4.7 and QNX version 6.5.0. The BSP package I have used is bsp-nto641-ti-am3517-evm-trunk-

Thanks
Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: Elena Laskavaia [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 7:14 PM
To: momenticsgs-community
Subject: Re: Launching serial debugger failed

What version of IDE you are using? It looks like binary mismatch problem, do you have same libc installed on target as 
on desktop?

On 11/02/2011 05:23 AM, Lisa Damodaran wrote:
> Hi
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Thanks
> Lisa
> 
-
> 
> 
-
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

QNX Momentics Getting Started
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post89826