Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to circumvent available disk space check on install?: (4 Items)

How to circumvent available disk space check on install?  
Got a new CF card labeled "2 GB" , but after formatting there are only 1953 MB left, and the setup fails - as it wants 
2000 MB.

I've seen this thread: http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/topc2570
Is there really no other way to skip the space check?

If the answer is negative, I'd suggest to set the minimum space somewhat less than 2000 MB. It's not nice to fail 
installation because of <beep> 50 MB.

Thanks in advance,
S.

Re: How to circumvent available disk space check on install?  
> Got a new CF card labeled "2 GB" , but after formatting there are only 1953 MB
>  left, and the setup fails - as it wants 2000 MB.

Hi Saul,
Which version of Neutrino are you using? We had changed the installer to require 1.8GB for this very reason. That was 
done for the 6.4.0 release.

Remember: this is a full development seat so the requirements are fairly hefty. 

If you are just setting up a target system (i.e. you don't want to do any development) you may want to use the 'x86-
only' CD. It requires even less space.

--
Keith

Keith,
Thank you for the reply. 

Indeed, v. 6.4.1 setup wants only ~ 1843 MB, and it installed on this "2GB" card successfully.

I need to install v. 6.3.2 (6.3.2-nto632-200709062316.iso) -  which wants 2000 MB.

However, even v. 6.4.1  still won't boot from this card - maybe, because it is not true IDE. Is there any way to boot 
Neutrino from a Cardbus CF adapter or USB dislk?

Regards,
- Saul
Finally it managed to boot off a CF card. It probably was a bad contact or something like that. A 4 GB card solved the 
issue with v. 6.3. 
I am still not quite comfortable with OS rebuilding, so would prefer to use a ready setup package for now.

S.