Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Issue loading devf-generic: (9 Items)

Issue loading devf-generic  
Hello,

I am trying to migrate a startup code from 6.2.1 to 6.4.1. In the build file, I am trying to start the flash driver with
 the following options:

"devf-generic -s 0x1F000000,15M -r -f3 -b5 -u1 -t4 -w1024"

When I load the image on the target (which is a mipsle board), I got the following error "Unable to start devf-generic 
[83]". On checking the errno.h, I found that the error number 83 means "Can't access shared library". I am not able to 
identify which library the devf-generic driver is trying to access. If I know which library is requried, then I can add 
to the build file and see if the flash driver can start properly.

Can someone help me solve this issue?

Thanks
Sunil
Re: Issue loading devf-generic  
perhaps correct version of libc:

/root# uname -a
QNX localhost 6.4.0 2008/10/21-11:10:39EDT x86pc x86
/root# objdump -x /sbin/devf-generic | grep NEEDED
  NEEDED      libc.so.3

Jeevan

I have libc.so and libc.so.3 included in my build file. So I guess, when I build the image file, both these libraries 
should be added into the image. However, I still get the same issue when I load the devf-generic driver.

Sunil
Hmm, did you run this 

objdump -x devf-generic | grep NEEDED

on your devf-generic ?

What do you see ?
Jeevan
Yes I ran the objdump on my devf-generic and found exactly what you pointed out.... it required libc.so.3. But the issue
 is that I have this lib already included in my image and still devf-generic fails to run.

Sunil
interresting,  you could try to start your devf-generic from commandline, instead of out of the image:

DL_DEBUG=1 ./devf-generic

What do you see ?

Jeevan
Jeevan,
I am not sure how I could run devf-generic on cmd prompt (or may be it is my lack of knowledge about how to do it). Let 
me give you more clarity on what is happening:
My image initially has some startup code, which goes fine and then it tries to run the flash driver. When the flash 
driver fails, the board almost becomes inactive - I cant do anything on the serial terminal or telnet to the board. So I
 am not sure how i can get to the cmd prompt and try starting the flash driver. In such a situation, the only way that I
 can get the board to do somethign is to recycle power for the board so that an older image (which was previously in the
 flash) gets loaded.

Do you think I am missing something or am I doing something wrong?

Sunil
> Jeevan,
> I am not sure how I could run devf-generic on cmd prompt (or may be it is my 
> lack of knowledge about how to do it). Let me give you more clarity on what is
>  happening:
> My image initially has some startup code, which goes fine and then it 
Sunil,

Are you producing this image yourself ?
If so, you should have a buildfile (*.build), on wich you run the mkifs util on
( mkifs yourbuildfile yourimage) .

Can You post that buildfile?

Jeevan

Hi Jeevan,

This issue was resolved. The root cause was a missing option in the mipsle kernel start-up. I had to add the options "-m
~v" to the script which starts my kernel and then there were no issues with the flash driver.

Anyways, thanks a lot for you suggestion as I learnt a lot of things from your inputs.

Sunil