Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Change active build variant without going into the properties window: (5 Items)

Change active build variant without going into the properties window  
Hello,

I have a large number of applications and libraries that make up my system.  In Momentics, they are all individual 
projects.  I am building for two architectures (ARM and X86).

Some applications depend on multiple libraries.  When I am switching between x86 and ARM debugging, I have go into the 
properties box of each library and application and change the active variant from x86 to ARM, then clean and rebuild.

Is there a faster way to globally change the active build variant for multiple applications in the IDE?

I can't leave them both active due to build time issues on the larger applications.

Thanks,
- Mike
Re: Change active build variant without going into the properties window  
Are you using managed project and qnx project?
If you using qnx project you can use Container project. It allow to group project and create build configuration for 
example for x86 only for all projects. Then you initiate build from container project.
See docs for more info.
Yes, I am using a qnx project.

I have a container project, and I tried the build configuration.  It is close to what I was looking for.
However, I have two variants besides release and debug (unittest_g and unittest_r).  
How do I add these to the selections in the build Configuration of the container.

It appears that while I can select which projects get build in the configuration, I still have to go to the container 
project to build them each time.

What I was really hoping for was a way to override the C++ project properties globally so that I can right click on the 
individual project I am working on and say build just for that project.  This would save me time as I may be switching 
between projects as I debug, but I don't want to build all projects every time I make a change to one.

Thanks for the help.

- Mike
If you want to build each project you have to go to properties and switch configuration. (Or you leave them both). There
 is no easier way to switch build variant.
If you want to build set of project you can use container project.

Michael Cranston wrote:
> Yes, I am using a qnx project.
> 
> I have a container project, and I tried the build configuration.  It is close to what I was looking for.
> However, I have two variants besides release and debug (unittest_g and unittest_r).  
> How do I add these to the selections in the build Configuration of the container.
> 
> It appears that while I can select which projects get build in the configuration, I still have to go to the container 
project to build them each time.
> 
> What I was really hoping for was a way to override the C++ project properties globally so that I can right click on 
the individual project I am working on and say build just for that project.  This would save me time as I may be 
switching between projects as I debug, but I don't want to build all projects every time I make a change to one.
> 
> Thanks for the help.
> 
> - Mike
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post25826
>