Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - TFTP Problem , System Builder Binary Selection Problem: (4 Items)

TFTP Problem , System Builder Binary Selection Problem  
Hi Guys,

I'm using Momentics 4.5.0 Build id: I20080926.

I have some problem with the builtin TFTP server:
I have setup my environment/perspective so TFTP is open when starting momentics. The problem is that when booting my 
target, TFTP won't come up right away.. UBoot reports timeouts... only when i click the TFTP Tab, it seems to become 
active and the board then successfully loads via TFTP.

Will this be fixed in later versions?

Another Problem is that in this version, when I try to add bianries to include with the IFS image in the system builder 
project, the automatic "narrowing" of the binaries does not work properly. In older versions, typing "q" in the filename
 field would narrow the selection down to "qconn, qcp, qed, qtalk" (for example). In this version, the dialog reports "
File cannot be found" until you fully type e.g. "qconn", and there's no automatic narrowing of the scope as you type 
along.

Greetings,
 Marc

Re: TFTP Problem , System Builder Binary Selection Problem  

Marc Roessler wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> 
> I'm using Momentics 4.5.0 Build id: I20080926.
> 
> I have some problem with the builtin TFTP server:
> I have setup my environment/perspective so TFTP is open when starting momentics. The problem is that when booting my 
target, TFTP won't come up right away.. UBoot reports timeouts... only when i click the TFTP Tab, it seems to become 
> 
> Will this be fixed in later versions?
I will check.

> 
> Another Problem is that in this version, when I try to add bianries to include with the IFS image in the system 
builder project, the automatic "narrowing" of the binaries does not work properly. In older versions, typing "q" in the 
filename field would narrow the selection down to "qconn, qcp, qed, qtalk" (for example). In this version, the dialog 
reports "File cannot be found" until you fully type e.g. "qconn", and there's no automatic narrowing of the scope as you
 type along.
> 
I will open pr, thanks.

> Greetings,
>  Marc
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post18483
> 
I posted problem report numbers for your reference (below).
When we publish IDE updates on foundry we include reference numbers of fixed bugs in the change log associated with the 
build.

Marc Roessler wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> 
> I'm using Momentics 4.5.0 Build id: I20080926.
> 
> I have some problem with the builtin TFTP server:
> I have setup my environment/perspective so TFTP is open when starting momentics. The problem is that when booting my 
> 
> Will this be fixed in later versions?
problem report # 64038

> 
> Another Problem is that in this version, when I try to add bianries to include with the IFS image in the system 
builder project, the automatic "narrowing" of the binaries does not work properly. In older versions, typing "q" in the 
filename field would narrow the selection down to "qconn, qcp, qed, qtalk" (for example). In this version, the dialog 
reports "File cannot be found" until you fully type e.g. "qconn", and there's no automatic narrowing of the scope as you
 type along.
problem report # 64039
> 
> Greetings,
>  Marc
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post18483
> 
Cannot reproduce it. View has to be fully visible for server to start automatically. If it is behind other view it won't
 start until you click on it.