Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - RE: shutdown utility -- source code: (4 Items)

RE: shutdown utility -- source code  
Hi,

I am using a remote login to a machine with no monitor, so when I give it a shutdown command, I'd like to know when 
everything is done.  I would like some audible feedback in the shutdown process (hopefully very close to coinciding with
 the 'it is now safe to turn off your computer' screen).  As I have not discovered any shutdown script procedures 
similar to startup procedures, I think i may have to build a custom shutdown binary.  Is the QNX6 shutdown the same as 
QNX4 shutdown?  If so, I could probably just compile the code from a related post:

http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.community/discussion.qnx4_community_support.topc2364

If not, can someone provide me with the source for QNX632 shutdown?  Or, alternate ideas...

Thanks,
Arthur
Re: shutdown utility -- source code  
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:52:06AM -0400, Arthur McClung wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I am using a remote login to a machine with no monitor, so when I give it a shutdown command, I'd like to know when 
everything is done.  I would like some audible feedback in the shutdown process (hopefully very close to coinciding with
 the 'it is now safe to turn off your computer' screen).  As I have not discovered any shutdown script procedures 
similar to startup procedures, I think i may have to build a custom shutdown binary.  Is the QNX6 shutdown the same as 
QNX4 shutdown?  If so, I could probably just compile the code from a related post:
> 
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.community/discussion.qnx4_community_support.topc2364
> 
> If not, can someone provide me with the source for QNX632 shutdown?  Or, alternate ideas...

The HEAD shutdown utility has been published in the
coreos project on the foundry (see the source code
section).

-seanb
Ok, I have two versions of shutdown source folder now (one for photon shutdown, I believe and one for text based 
shutdown).  Can someone give me a quick description of how to rebuild this command?  I tried a basic 'make', but 
obviously its not that easy. Not sure if I need to be in IDE or command line (gcc, make, ??). Sorry for this silly 
question, but I havent configured a build in a while.  Thanks, Arthur
Nevermind, i think.  I believe I figured out what I was doing wrong.