Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Conflicts with previous declarations due to #include_next: (1 Item)

Conflicts with previous declarations due to #include_next  
Dear community,

I'm working on a QNX 7.1 based project and I'm facing compile errors regarding conflicting declarations. This is somehow
 related to #include_next statements. From the code I see, that there are a lot of compiler switches controlling the 
includes but I really cannot figure out which one to set or unset. In my special case it is about the function "long 
long int std::abs(long long int)" which conflicts with "long long int abs(long long int)". It definitely has to do with 
stdlib.h and cstdlib.

To be more precise, here is a piece of the build log showing the error:

n file included from /home/developer/qnx710/target/qnx7/usr/include/c++/8.3.0/cstdlib:77,
                 from /home/developer/qnx710/target/qnx7/usr/include/c++/8.3.0/bits/stl_algo.h:59,
                 from /home/developer/qnx710/target/qnx7/usr/include/c++/8.3.0/algorithm:62,
                 from /home/developer/vrte/project/mcgateway/mcgateway/common/common_std_inc.hpp:52,
                 from /home/developer/vrte/project/mcgateway/mcgateway/common/common_inc.hpp:50,
                 from /home/developer/vrte/project/mcgateway/mcgateway/common/xcp_adaptive_service_params.cpp:48:
/home/developer/qnx710/target/qnx7/usr/include/c++/8.3.0/bits/std_abs.h:56:15: error: 'long int std::abs(long int)' 
conflicts with a previous declaration
   abs(long __i) { return __builtin_labs(__i); }
               ^
In file included from /home/developer/qnx710/target/qnx7/usr/include/c++/8.3.0/cstdlib:75,
                 from /home/developer/qnx710/target/qnx7/usr/include/c++/8.3.0/bits/stl_algo.h:59,
                 from /home/developer/qnx710/target/qnx7/usr/include/c++/8.3.0/algorithm:62,
                 from /home/developer/vrte/project/mcgateway/mcgateway/common/common_std_inc.hpp:52,
                 from /home/developer/vrte/project/mcgateway/mcgateway/common/common_inc.hpp:50,
                 from /home/developer/vrte/project/mcgateway/mcgateway/common/xcp_adaptive_service_params.cpp:48:
/home/developer/qnx710/target/qnx7/usr/include/c++/v1/stdlib.h:111:44: note: previous declaration 'long int abs(long 
int)'
 inline _LIBCPP_INLINE_VISIBILITY long      abs(long __x) _NOEXCEPT {return  labs(__x);}

I'd be grateful for any hint on how to solve these conflicts.

Best regards

Cheers

Umberto