Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Error with creating virtual machine from QNX Momentics IDE: (3 Items)

Error with creating virtual machine from QNX Momentics IDE  
I'm having an issue being able to run my virtual machine using the momentics IDE. The instructions given from my program
 are the following :

a.Launch the Momentics IDE and create a new Workspace to hold the VM target.
Workspace folder. for example: "C:\Users\john\qnx710\vmimages"
b. To access your target system from the IDE and run programs on it, you have to create a target
connection. Click in the on: box in the launch bar at the top of theIDE, and select New Launch Target.
c. Select QNX Virtual Machine Target in the list of target types. This tells the IDEto set up a target system by
generating a VM that runs QNX Neutrino. Then, click Next.
d. In the New QNX Virtual Machine Target window, configure the settings as needed and click Finish.

Attached are an image of the error I get when launching the VMware, the settings I used when creating my target location
 in the momentics IDE and my log file.
Attachment: Image image_2023-05-19_123128046.png 14.91 KB Text vmware.log 212.66 KB Image image_2023-05-19_123406540.png 21.44 KB
Re: Error with creating virtual machine from QNX Momentics IDE  
This appears to be a VMware bug.

A bit of Googling suggests that people have worked around it by disabling 3D acceleration for the VM. You should be able
 to do this by configuring the settings for that VM in VMware or alternatively you can probably do this by editing local
/vmware_files/vmware.vmx and changing mks.enable3d to "FALSE".

At one point there was a reason that 3D acceleration had to be enabled though hopefully this is no longer the case.

If this works, you can fix it more permanently by changing vmware.vmx in $QNX_HOST/../../common/mkqnximage/vmware.
Re: Error with creating virtual machine from QNX Momentics IDE  
Hello,

Thank you for the fix, everything seems to be working! I appreciate it a lot.