Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Unable to communicate between two QNX VMWare instance in AMD machines (working in Intel): (8 Items)

Unable to communicate between two QNX VMWare instance in AMD machines (working in Intel)  
Hi Team,
I am new to QNX development.

I am trying to set up the environment given from my client, where two seperate VMWare instances uses a shared memory , 
simulating two processors.

When i set up these two machines, I am struck  in a place where the communication is not working between the two 
instance.
I found that the error is make by open() , where a "file" must be created in runtime, but is it is not being created in 
runtime.

I have tried various trial and error methods to fix this. as my other team members with INTEL processor can able to run 
test the simulation fine.

VMWare Workstation player 16

My device:
AMD Ryzen 5 pro 
Windows 10  - 64bit

Any help or any more info  in this regard would be great. Let mw know , if more input from my side is required to help 
me.

Thanks,
S Mohan.

Re: Unable to communicate between two QNX VMWare instance in AMD machines (working in Intel)  
Update:

I am able to ping between windows host and the VM's and also between the VM's
Re: Unable to communicate between two QNX VMWare instance in AMD machines (working in Intel)  
Any help in this regard would be great
I think one of the reasons why VMs are used is to isolate things completely. So Shared Memory is a security issue. I 
have been searching around a bit, it doesn't seem to be a standard feature.

Mayb the QNX Hypervisor can do it, protected by SMMU.

What are you trying to achieve?

Regards,
Albrecht
Hi Alberich,

As i am new to QNX ,and i am using client's QNX image, i cant comment much on this. 
While my team members are trying the same, ones with AMD processor machine cant run the software.

All i found is that a file named "camera" of type: file , is missing in my AMD machine, where as the members with INTEL 
machine can see it being created in runtime.

and open(camera) function gives the error for me.

Sorry if this info is less. Can u help me with this info ?

Thanks, 
S Mohan

Hi Albrecht,
Sorry for the typo in the name, cant find the edit option.

@Community team,

Did anyone face any similar process creation issues with AMD processor, that works with Intel machines??

Pls let me know.

Regs,
Mohan 
I am a bit of a loss. Originally you asked a question about having a shared memory area between two VMs. Now you ask why
 a camera is not present???

As to the latter, camera drivers are often highly board-specific.  I can imagine that some dynamic detection algorithm 
runs at boot time and instantiates the camera drivers only if it finds Intel hardware (or it is looking for a feature in
 CPU or PCI space that is not present on AMD machine).

Please be more specific about your problem, and create two threads if there are two problems.

-Al