Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Inclusion of assembly file in QNX C project in Momentics IDE: (4 Items)

Inclusion of assembly file in QNX C project in Momentics IDE  
Hello,
I am trying to build a QNX C project which includes .c files and .s files (.s files is an assembly code), but Momentics 
IDE is unable to build it successfully. It is generating obj file for .c files but it is not generating file for .s 
files.             
Can anyone help?

Re: Inclusion of assembly file in QNX C project in Momentics IDE  
I believe that the file extension has to be a capital S. Does this work?

Regards,
Al
Thanks Albrecht Uhlmann. But I am just trying to build a project which I received from NXP, and they have used .s  
extension for assembly files. Is anything special setting should I do in momentics if I want to build that NXP project? 
In another project there is no asm files so I build that project successfully but in this project I am facing problem 
because I think momentics is not recognising .s file. 
I tried to add .s file type in momentics (Windows -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> File Types), here I added .s file types but
 it didn't solve my problem. 
I do not know what you got from NXP so I can't tell. Maybe a Linux/Windows lowe/upper case issue? Are you building under
 Windows or Linux, and how did NXP build?

I checked the source of the i.MX6 Sabresmart BSP startup program. It contains a lot of assembly source files, all with 
capital .S extension. In the common.mk/Makefile I found no entry relating to these, so in my opinion this should work 
out of the box if the Momentics/QNX make build system is used (common.mk, qconfig.mk, qtargets.mk etc.)

Maybe NXP have created an entirely customized configuration.

Why not talk to them?

Regards,
Albrecht