Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Can not add antyhing to my software : (2 Items)

Can not add antyhing to my software  
Hello to you all, 

First I want to apologize because I know that I will give a poor description of my problem but any idea to solve it (or 
things to check) would be greatly appreciated. 
I am currently developping a software in QNX 6.6.0 in C++ to move several motors in real time using Ethercat and it was 
going great until recently.

Since a few days, each time I add anything to my soft, it compiles perfectly fine and does not show any problem during 
execution (the log file is perfect indicating that all the loops occur at the correct moment and all the threads are 
executing) but the motors do not move anymore. It seems to indicate that the part of the code where I send the data 
using Ethercat is not really executed but if I add a printf, it shows that the function is executed. 

Which is even weirder is that the same thing happen regardless of what I add to my code and where. 
I tried to use the tools to detect memory leak and trace the CPU usage and the threads but everything seems normal. 

I am not sure my problem is very clear but I would appreciate any insight that could give me ideas to test because I am 
currently stuck. 

Best regards, 
Fabien
Re: Can not add antyhing to my software  
Well you have to debug your code... Put breakpoints where control 
command are and attach the debugger. Or use print statements..

On 15-01-12 12:25 PM, Fabien Expert wrote:
> Hello to you all,
>
> First I want to apologize because I know that I will give a poor description of my problem but any idea to solve it 
(or things to check) would be greatly appreciated.
> I am currently developping a software in QNX 6.6.0 in C++ to move several motors in real time using Ethercat and it 
was going great until recently.
>
> Since a few days, each time I add anything to my soft, it compiles perfectly fine and does not show any problem during
 execution (the log file is perfect indicating that all the loops occur at the correct moment and all the threads are 
executing) but the motors do not move anymore. It seems to indicate that the part of the code where I send the data 
using Ethercat is not really executed but if I add a printf, it shows that the function is executed.
>
> Which is even weirder is that the same thing happen regardless of what I add to my code and where.
> I tried to use the tools to detect memory leak and trace the CPU usage and the threads but everything seems normal.
>
> I am not sure my problem is very clear but I would appreciate any insight that could give me ideas to test because I 
am currently stuck.
>
> Best regards,
> Fabien
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post112909
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momentics-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com