Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Download image via TFTP on 6.4.1 not working: Page 1 of 4 (4 Items)

Download image via TFTP on 6.4.1 not working  
So I am using 4.6 SDP (QNX 6.4.1) installed on Windows XP has host. The TFTP server is running in the view. I have 
created my .ifs image file which resides at:
C:\ide-4.6-workspace\myproject\Images
directory

My x86 target board supports booting from Ethernet using Intel UNDI PXE-2.0 Bootrom that supports PXE/RPL TFTP boot.

In the IDE user guide under 'Downloading via TFTP' section in Chapter 6,  it says "configure your target to request a 
file recognized by the TFTP server". I am not sure how to configure my target device to do that. All my target device 
does (when set to boot from ethernet) is to look up a DHCP server so that it can be assigned an IP address and then TFTP
 server (on Host) usually provides the file (binary/image file) to be downloaded on the target device.

Here are my questions:
1. With my current target board capability can I use the TFTP download feature of the QNX IDE?

2. If yes, then what am I missing in my current setup?

3. Can I use serial port to transfer the image file in this case?

Thanks