Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How do I completely delete a project?: (8 Items)

How do I completely delete a project?  
I goofed up the creation of a project, call it "abc", when clicking on multiplatform C project in the default Momentics 
help screen when you open it (see below.)

So I called it "abc" and put it in a directory.  I ended up pointing it at the wrong place, so I went to delete it and 
re-create it.

When I get to that spot in the wizard, just as soon as I type the "c" of "abc" in the project name, it says that project
 already exists (!)

Ok, well, where does it exist?  I've already:

1. Blown away every reference to that name on my computer as a file name
2. Blown away (or hidden in a .zip file) every reference to any file containing that name
3. Searched through the registry for every instance of that name.

Is there some hidden java database or .xml file or something somewhere that records this as being a used project name?  
I will go get a wchar search utility if I have to, but I'd prefer not to.

How do I tell the Momentics IDE that there is, in fact, no such project anymore?  BTW, this seems to be a global unique 
requirement on the name itself, not the directory it's located in.

Even Momentics IDE itself doesn't attempt to open the old project by default on start.  Help!

And no, I'm not at liberty to rename my project to something else, nor should I have to.  Where's the magic button to "
show and/or clean up all project references", or the checkbox to "force create the project again even though I, 
Momentics IDE, am confused into thinking it already exists"?

Create QNX Neutrino C/C++ applications 
To develop applications in C or C++ for various target processors, create a:
    - multiplatform C project or  <--- Clicked "project", which is a link that opens a wizard
    - multiplatform C++ project
Enter the project name, then select Next.  Choose the target CPU(s) and
select Finish.
Re: How do I completely delete a project?  
You didn't say how did you delete the project "abc". Did you remove it from the file system using other tools than the 
IDE itself? IDE (Eclipse) maintains references to projects in workspace so only removing the directory/file does not 
clean up the references.

You can open the "Navigator" view, find  you "abc" project and remove it from the view. The project should show up as 
closed since it does not have physical data.
Is a view the same as a perspective?  I click "Select Perspective", and it lists nothing with the word "navigator" in it

I see C/C++ Development (default)
CVS
Debug
Install/Update
Java
Java Browsing
Java Type Hierarchy
Plug-in Development
QNX Application Profiler
QNX BSP
QNX COde Coverage
QNX Memory Analysis
QNX System Builder
QNX System Information
QNX System Profiler
Resource

I went to the QNX help and typed in "navigator", but I have no response yet since help is "building" it's lookup table, 
something that "will only happen once".  This is for the second time today it's done that "only once".

Ok, it's done.  Several help items talk about "Navigator view", which looks awesome, I do admit.  However, none mention 
how to [b]start[/b] navigator view.

Hmmmmm...
Ok, geeze, deep down under "configuring your perspectives", there was a link to "Perspective -> Customize...", where "
perspective" and "customize" were individually clickable links.  I clicked "Perspective" and it asked if I wanted to 
reset whatever to the default layout.  I clicked "Yes", and a "Navigate" menu popped up that didn't appear in the menu 
bar before.

This is odd, since when is started the IDE this morning, there was a quick splash popup that said "first time start, 
completing configuration" or something like that.  So I should have been in the default configuration.

How would one "open the navigator view" without resetting the entire IDE interface?

Isn't usability de facto testing fun?  Anyway, onward...

[quote]find  you "abc" project and remove it from the view.[/quote]

Ok, perhaps I was getting ahead of myself in joy.  The windows shifted around a bit, and a "Navigator" menu appeared in 
the menu bar, but I do not see 

ohhh, ok, way at the bottom-left of the leftmost pane (not including the narrow "perspectives" button bar) there are two
 choices:  C/C++ Projects, and "Navigator".  "abc" is definitely under navigator.

It worked!  The C Project Wizard didn't choke this time!

Thanks!

I'm willing to bet the Navigator option was at the bottom of that leftmost pane all along now, wasn't it?  :)

As an update, I'm struggling on how to add existing C files to this new project.  Drag-and-drop doesn't work, under 
either "Navigator" or "C/C++ Projects" view. Can't find an "add existing file" type option anywhere.  Don't want to try 
"link to an existing file" since that doesn't sound right, nor does "create" a C file.

Right clicked the project and did add folder.  It already existed so choked, not even asking me if I wanted to add the 
existing one.

So I moved the folder and files elsewhere temporarily and created it this way through the IDE.  Sure enough, a folder, "
src" in this case, appeared.  I moved my files into it.  They do not appear in the IDE under either Navigator or C/C++ 
Projects views under "src".  Right-click "src", no options like "add files" seem to exist.

I'm sure there's a lingo, or "set of incantations", as Bill Gates would put it, upon which it'll be obvious how to do 
this, but I'm not there yet.
Hi, Kevin,

As you already have source code that you want to work with in the IDE,
there are basically two standard approaches:

(1) Convert your existing source directory into an IDE project in situ

(2) Import the source into a new IDE project in your workspace, using
the import wizard.

Elena's article on the Foundry27 website discusses these options in
considerable detail, and should get you started:

http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.ide/wiki/ProjectsBuildAndIDE

Please do follow up here if that leaves you with more questions!

HTH,

Christian

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 17:26 -0400, Kevin Schaffer wrote:

> Right clicked the project and did add folder.  It already existed so choked, not even asking me if I wanted to add the
 existing one.
> 
> So I moved the folder and files elsewhere temporarily and created it this way through the IDE.  Sure enough, a folder,
 "src" in this case, appeared.  I moved my files into it.  They do not appear in the IDE under either Navigator or C/C++
 Projects views under "src".  Right-click "src", no options like "add files" seem to exist.
> 
> 
> I'm sure there's a lingo, or "set of incantations", as Bill Gates would put it, upon which it'll be obvious how to do 
this, but I'm not there yet.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX Momentics Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post40568
> 

Hi, Kevin,

In the "Window" menu on the main menu bar, select "Show View ->
Other..." and pick the "Navigator" item in the dialog that appears.  You
can type "nav" in the little filter field to find it quickly, depending
on the IDE version that you are using.

A Perspective is a collection of views (and placement of the editor
area) that is organized to facilitate some particular task.  Switching
between perspectives may rearrange some views, hide some views, and show
some others that were previously hidden.  However, no matter in which
perspective you see any given view or editor, it will always behave the
same (if it was implemented correctly  ;-)

HTH,

Christian