Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - AMD T16R Graphic Driver Problem: (12 Items)

AMD T16R Graphic Driver Problem  
Hi Oleg,

I'm trying to install the latest experimental Install CD to the Advantech motherboard PCM-3356(cpu:AMD T16R). But I 
can't make it. It  can not boot into Photon, due to there is no corresponding graphic driver. Will you please help me 
with this, I really appreciate any help from you, Thank you!

Jack

Re: AMD T16R Graphic Driver Problem  
I have already used crttrap trap in the text mode to detect the graphic  driver and I have attached the crt file. I have
 tried the Hydra.ms/Pg.flat drivers but none of them is working.
Attachment: Text crt.5 9.35 KB
Hi Jack,

Can you attach here the show_pci -vvv from PCM-3356? Didn't you forget to copy appropriate Hydra.ms/Pg.flat lines to the
 first line in your crt.<NODE> file? Did you reboot after executing of crttrap before launching ph? Try to use lines 
with Pg.flatdc32 and standard graphics modes (like 1280x1024x32 and so on). Also you can try to add additional keys -r 
or -e to Hydra.ms options.

Respectfully,
Oleg

26 февр. 2018 г., в 20:17:03, Jack Zhang <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> I have already used crttrap trap in the text mode to detect the graphic  driver and I have attached the crt file. I 
have tried the Hydra.ms/Pg.flat drivers but none of them is working.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118624
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> <crt.5>

Hi Oleg,

I really appreciate your help, I have attached the show_pci output file, please help me to check it.

Besides, I have tried every different display resolution line in the crt.5, it seems still not work. And I reboot the 
motherboard after executing of crttrap before launching ph.

Sincerely

Jack
Attachment: Text show_pci 36.15 KB
Can you describe in detail what you see after launching ph command?

Do you have remote access (telnet or ditto) to this system? Try to start ph remotely and attach here the output if any.

Respectfully,
Oleg

27 февр. 2018 г., в 15:30:39, Jack Zhang <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> I really appreciate your help, I have attached the show_pci output file, please help me to check it.
> 
> Besides, I have tried every different display resolution line in the crt.5, it seems still not work. And I reboot the 
motherboard after executing of crttrap before launching ph.
> 
> Sincerely
> 
> Jack
> 
> 
> 
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118627
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> <show_pci>

Hi Oleg,

There is no remote access to this device, I can descript it. I reinstall the OS again, and I choose to probe the video, 
but it can't be applied with the selected resolution config, then I press the F3 to exit. You know at this time, the crt
.5 had been created, then I copy the 1028x768x8 line to the first line. Last, I change the OS boot into text 
mode(picture 01), input the ph, then it boots into the Photon same as the picture 02. But you can see it, it is abnormal
, it is freezed, and I can't use the USB keyboard.

If i don't change it to text mode, it will stuck at Waiting for input driver..., same as the picture 03.

Sincerely

Jack

Attachment: Image 03.jpg 33.41 KB Image 01.jpg 96.47 KB Image 02.jpg 37.72 KB Text sysinit.5 1,016 bytes
Hi Jack,

I see that you don't have graphics driver problem, but input drivers problem. Graphics seems to work fine.

Can you attach your input.<NODE> file? Which input devices do you use (keyboard, mouse)?

Respectfully,
Oleg

27 февр. 2018 г., в 18:19:38, Jack Zhang <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> There is no remote access to this device, I can descript it. I reinstall the OS again, and I choose to probe the video
, but it can't be applied with the selected resolution config, then I press the F3 to exit. You know at this time, the 
crt.5 had been created, then I copy the 1028x768x8 line to the first line. Last, I change the OS boot into text 
mode(picture 01), input the ph, then it boots into the Photon same as the picture 02. But you can see it, it is abnormal
, it is freezed, and I can't use the USB keyboard.
> 
> If i don't change it to text mode, it will stuck at Waiting for input driver..., same as the picture 03.
> 
> 
> Sincerely
> 
> Jack
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118629
> <03.jpg><01.jpg><02.jpg><sysinit.5>

Hi Oleg,

First of all, thank you for your help. You are right, in fact it is the input driver problem. The system stuck at 
loading the input driver, due to wrong input driver. Then I told the RD to change the bios to emulate USB keyboard.

Do you have any advice about how to use usb keyboard in Photon?

I note that it is ok to use usb keyboard in shell, but now it is not work in photon, is there any steps that I have 
forgotten?

I connect one usb keyboard to this motherboard only!

Sincerely

Jack 
I guess the problem may be in:

> I connect one usb keyboard to this motherboard only!

If you don't have the mouse you have to change default input.<NODE> file. It seems that you have forgotten to attach 
yours. But if this is your issue you have to remove mouse from config. Change:

kbd fd -d/dev/kbd ps2 -r kb -2

to:

kbd fd -d/dev/kbd

Respectfully,
Oleg

28 февр. 2018 г., в 13:55:01, Jack Zhang <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> First of all, thank you for your help. You are right, in fact it is the input driver problem. The system stuck at 
loading the input driver, due to wrong input driver. Then I told the RD to change the bios to emulate USB keyboard.
> 
> Do you have any advice about how to use usb keyboard in Photon?
> 
> I note that it is ok to use usb keyboard in shell, but now it is not work in photon, is there any steps that I have 
forgotten?
> 
> I connect one usb keyboard to this motherboard only!
> 
> Sincerely
> 
> Jack 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118632

Hi Oleg,

The Input.node file is attached. And when I run 'io-usb -d ohci pindex=1', nothing is done, and there is no usbkbd0 file
 under /dev.

Sincerely

Jack
Attachment: Text Input.5 32 bytes
You do not need to use USB if keyboard works in text mode. It seems that you use the USB legacy mode on. Do not add 
Input to input.<NODE> file, change it to:

kbd -R fd -d/dev/kbd

Respectfully,
Oleg

28 февр. 2018 г., в 16:03:11, Jack Zhang <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Oleg,
> 
> The Input.node file is attached. And when I run 'io-usb -d ohci pindex=1', nothing is done, and there is no usbkbd0 
file under /dev.
> 
> 
> Sincerely
> 
> Jack
> 
> 
> 
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post118633
> <Input.5>

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for your professional guidance, everything is running well. I really appreciate for your help!

Best Regards

Sincerely

Jack