Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Problems installing QNX4 in a new computer....: (7 Items)

Problems installing QNX4 in a new computer....  
Hi Sirs:
I need to change the QNX4 server, so I tried with 3 different motherboars Asus, Gigabyte H110-DS2 and ECS B150M4-C43 
wich use the intel H110 express chipset but QNX didn´t work. The Asus Bios doesn´t have any opcion to set the SATA to 
Legacy or AHCI, the other 2 has only AHCI. I tried insalling QNX on another machine, updating the Proc32, and changing 
the sys/boot to: 
/bin/Fsys.ahci
$ /bin/Fsys.ahci fsys -Ndsk0 -n0=hd0. -n5=cd0.
but the QNX didn´t boot. The boot process begins and said that doesn´t have any AHCI devices.
I really appreciate any help I need to change the QNX4 server because the actual one is having problems. I thank you in 
advance for any help.
Victor.
Re: Problems installing QNX4 in a new computer....  
Hi Victor,

Did you try to install QNX 4 from the latest experimental Install CD? This CD can install on AHCI systems:

http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.qnx4/wiki/LatestSoftwareUpdates

Read here how to enable AHCI support:

http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.qnx4/wiki/ProductSuite2015ExperimentalReleaseNotes

Respectfully,
Oleg

21 апр. 2017 г., в 1:24, Victor Gamboa <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> Hi Sirs:
> I need to change the QNX4 server, so I tried with 3 different motherboars Asus, Gigabyte H110-DS2 and ECS B150M4-C43 
wich use the intel H110 express chipset but QNX didn´t work. The Asus Bios doesn´t have any opcion to set the SATA to 
Legacy or AHCI, the other 2 has only AHCI. I tried insalling QNX on another machine, updating the Proc32, and changing 
the sys/boot to: 
> /bin/Fsys.ahci
> $ /bin/Fsys.ahci fsys -Ndsk0 -n0=hd0. -n5=cd0.
> but the QNX didn´t boot. The boot process begins and said that doesn´t have any AHCI devices.
> I really appreciate any help I need to change the QNX4 server because the actual one is having problems. I thank you 
in advance for any help.
> Victor.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post117660
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Hi Oleg, thank you for your answer.
I tried with the experimental cd that you mentioned but unfortunatly it didn't recognize any AHCI device, it did'nt 
recognize any hard drive. Is there any other possible solution ? I really appreciate your help.
Victor.
The hardware scan on the installation found an AHCI adapter, but none device.
Hi Victor,

Unfortunately, I don't have H110 motherboard to check this.

Respectfully,
Oleg

21 апр. 2017 г., в 17:55:53, Victor Gamboa <community-noreply@qnx.com> написал:

> The hardware scan on the installation found an AHCI adapter, but none device.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post117666
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Thanks anyway Oleg. I solved the situation installing an old motherbard, but I hope that QNX4 works on the new chipset 
soon. Thanks...
 This may be a little late but I had a similar problem a few years ago with new Dell Computers. I ended up changing the 
initial boot loader to the old original used by the install CD's. The command to change it is;
dinit -h -b -O /dev/hd0.0t77. 

The -h is for fixed disk not removeable device
The -b is for the bootloader
The -O is for the old bootloader.

Hope this helps you in the future.

Brad