Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - USB & Fsys.umass problem: (7 Items)

USB & Fsys.umass problem  
When mounting/unmounting USB flash memories under QNX 4 the following message from Fsys.umass appears:

umass_sim_attach: usbd_connect - Not enough memory
qnx_segment_alloc_flags: Not enough memory
Can't initialize DMA buffer
No adaptors found !

Can anyone tell me why this error occurs and how to solve it ?

Re: USB & Fsys.umass problem  
> When mounting/unmounting USB flash memories under QNX 4 the following message 
> from Fsys.umass appears:
> 
> umass_sim_attach: usbd_connect - Not enough memory
> qnx_segment_alloc_flags: Not enough memory
> Can't initialize DMA buffer
> No adaptors found !
> 
> Can anyone tell me why this error occurs and how to solve it ?
> 

What commands are you running?

Should be something like....

io-usb
Fsys.umass fsys -l -n Direct-Access=usb
Fatfsys usb0=/dev/usb0 &

Did you install the USB 2.0 package (2005-11-14)?
Did you get your USB drive to work using Paul Thomas' solution? I used his three commands and afterwords, Photon File 
Manager sees /dos/usb0, but when I do a ls /dos/usb0 from a command prompt, it responds,
Corrupted file system detected (/dos/usb0).

My Windows XP computer reads the same USB flash drive fine: it sees the one file I have on it. It's a brand new Kingston
 USB2.0 DataTraveler flash disk. My USB controller is pre-2.0, however. I hope that's not a problem.

I am running the latest QNX 4.25 USB 2.0 patch.

Thanks
This is an update to my post9811, above. The same thing happens when I tried it with a USB 2.0 expansion card that I 
just added. I should clarify that although Photon File Manager displays the /dos/usb0 folder, when I double click on the
 folder it does not show the single text file that I have on the flash drive. File Manager makes it look as though the 
folder is empty.

The download and installation of the USB 2.0 package (2005-11-14) package from the QNX web site went smoothly and as 
expected according to the instructions. I wish the download instructions included instructions on how to *set up* the 
USB drive in QNX (e.g. the instructions in post8227 above, assuming that those instructions are correct). I've spent 
hours so far trying different things and nothing seems to solve this problem.

This is a dual-boot computer. When I boot Windows XP with the flash drive in the same USB 1.x or 2.0 slot, the drive 
works fine: I can open the text file that is on the drive with Notepad.

Help!
What is the partition type of your drive. since I have the problem like that when the drive is in FAT32 format. I had 
changed it to FAT format then I can able to read the filles under QNX4.24.

Regards,
K.Kandasamy
I found that I can only mount a Windows formatted USB drive as follows:

After booting QNX 4.25, Fatfsys is running... (for the Floppy drive, I asusme)

1.) io-usb &
2.) Fsys.umass &
3.) mount -p /dev/hd0 (my USB disk comes up as hd0) - this command creates /dev/hd0t6
4.) slay Fatfsys
5.) Fatfsys 

The last command mounts the FAT filesystem in dos/c, and the Floppy under /dos/a

> I found that I can only mount a Windows formatted USB drive as follows:
> 
> After booting QNX 4.25, Fatfsys is running... (for the Floppy drive, I asusme)
> 
> 
> 1.) io-usb &
> 2.) Fsys.umass &
> 3.) mount -p /dev/hd0 (my USB disk comes up as hd0) - this command creates /
> dev/hd0t6
> 4.) slay Fatfsys
> 5.) Fatfsys 
> 
> The last command mounts the FAT filesystem in dos/c, and the Floppy under /dos
> /a
> 
> 

Forgot to add... If I don't do step 3, then the Fatfsys command also automatically mounts the drive to dos/c ... but it 
says the filesystem is corrupt, and I can't browse it at all.