Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - USB keyboard buffer issue on console: (2 Items)

USB keyboard buffer issue on console  
I know that QNX4 is not supporting USB keyboard but I want to verify if it exists a work around to solve this issue. Let
 me explain...

Directly on QNX4 computer's console, my USB keyboard seems to respond very well if I don't type more that 1 key at the 
time. If more than 1 key is pressed, a strange behaviour occur: the key pressed is only appearing on screen when the 
next key is pressed and so on. Sometimes I have to press many keys to get respond. It is like my keys are buffered.

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 755 without a PS/2 port and without being able to emulate PS/2 keyboard from BIOS.

Is someone has the solution ?
Re: USB keyboard buffer issue on console  
Hi Louis,

Sorry for the delay with the answer. It seems that PS/2 emulation always enabled in the BIOS that works incorrect under 
QNX 4. Unfortunately, I don't have Dell Optiplex 755 so I can't test it. I guess PS/2 PCI controller may be your work 
around, but I did not test this personally. As far as I know Dell offers optional PS/2 bracket.

Respectfully,
Oleg

25.09.2013, в 16:08:06, Louis Francoeur написал:

> I know that QNX4 is not supporting USB keyboard but I want to verify if it exists a work around to solve this issue. 
Let me explain...
> 
> Directly on QNX4 computer's console, my USB keyboard seems to respond very well if I don't type more that 1 key at the
 time. If more than 1 key is pressed, a strange behaviour occur: the key pressed is only appearing on screen when the 
next key is pressed and so on. Sometimes I have to press many keys to get respond. It is like my keys are buffered.
> 
> My computer is a Dell Optiplex 755 without a PS/2 port and without being able to emulate PS/2 keyboard from BIOS.
> 
> Is someone has the solution ?
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105388
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com