Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Licensing....: (7 Items)

Licensing....  
Hi ! I have old style licenses on floppy. I need to install QNX 4.XX on a new machine that doesn´t has floppy drive. 
How can I convert or use my old style licenses ? I saw a post like this, but it isn´t very clear. I think that if I use
 the CD Installation with my licenses I could boot with ahci driver.
Please, any help will be welcome. Victor Gamboa
Re: Licensing....  
Hi Victor,

If you have another QNX 4 machine with floppy drive then you can install licenses via network.

Respectfully,
Oleg

20.09.2013, в 19:03:25, Victor Gamboa написал:

> Hi ! I have old style licenses on floppy. I need to install QNX 4.XX on a new machine that doesn´t has floppy drive. 
How can I convert or use my old style licenses ? I saw a post like this, but it isn´t very clear. I think that if I use
 the CD Installation with my licenses I could boot with ahci driver.
> Please, any help will be welcome. Victor Gamboa
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105281
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Thanks Oleg. I saw that my licences are in the new style on  /.licenses, so I won´t have problem with that. My problem 
now is when I try to install QNX4 from the Product Suite CD 2011, because the CD doesn´t has the new Fsys.ahci and 
Proc32, and when the process scan the PCI BIOS the process never end. If I unmark the scan of the PCI BIOS then the 
process can´t mount the HD using the Fsys.atapi that is on the Product Suite CD. If you have any suggestions I really 
appreciate it. Thanks....
Oleg, I finally find a motherboard that doesn´t stop on the PCI BIOS scan, but now I have a new problem. When I entered
 the license number for QNX (the one that is in /.licenses in the old machine) didn´t recognize the license. The tcprt 
license was recognized well. The qnx license has the next format: "  qnx.########-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" at the 
beggining are 2 spaces, after that the words qnx, after that, 8 numbers and finally 5 sets of 4 characters each one. I 
write the license with the 2 spaces at the beggining, without it, but nothing happens. The license is a valid license 
that I took from the /.license of the old HD. What am I doing wrong ?
Victor,

Be very sure that you're entering your license key right and without spaces. Check similar symbols like: 0 (zero) and o,
 1 (one) and l (el), etc.

Respectfully,
Oleg

21.09.2013, в 22:10:45, Victor Gamboa написал:

> Oleg, I finally find a motherboard that doesn´t stop on the PCI BIOS scan, but now I have a new problem. When I 
entered the license number for QNX (the one that is in /.licenses in the old machine) didn´t recognize the license. The
 tcprt license was recognized well. The qnx license has the next format: "  qnx.########-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" at 
the beggining are 2 spaces, after that the words qnx, after that, 8 numbers and finally 5 sets of 4 characters each one.
 I write the license with the 2 spaces at the beggining, without it, but nothing happens. The license is a valid license
 that I took from the /.license of the old HD. What am I doing wrong ?
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105298
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Oleg, I checked and rechecked the license when I wrote it. I was carreful with the zeros and the letter o, and with the 
number 1 and the letter l, but the license didn´t work. I sent an email to QNX under info@qnx.com and licensing@qnx.com
 but no one respond to me. Do you know or any one one any email of QNX personel where I can contact them ? Please I need
 to set up my computer. Thanks....
RE: Licensing....  
/.licenses is a plain file as far as I recall, you should simply be able to copy it from one machine to another that way
 you'll avoid any mistakes in re-typing.

Alternatively there is a 'license' utility that enables the moving of licenses form one node to another... again as far 
as I remember, it's been 10 years almost since I've played with this stuff.

Martin Walter
QNX Software Systems Limited
Enginering Services, Project Manager.
martin@qnx.com
613-271-9208 direct

-----Original Message-----
Sent: September-27-13 2:00 PM
To: qnx4-community
Subject: Re: Licensing....

Oleg, I checked and rechecked the license when I wrote it. I was carreful with the zeros and the letter o, and with the 
number 1 and the letter l, but the license didn´t work. I sent an email to QNX under info@qnx.com and licensing@qnx.com
 but no one respond to me. Do you know or any one one any email of QNX personel where I can contact them ? Please I need
 to set up my computer. Thanks....

QNX4 Community Support
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105469
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com