Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Can´t boot with Fsys.ahci...: (4 Items)

Can´t boot with Fsys.ahci...  
Hi ! I am installing QNX4 on a CPU ( I tried a Intel DH61WW Chipset Intel and a Gigabyte GA 277M-D3H Chipset Intel) with
 Fsys.ahci, but on the Intel Motherboard the boot process stop after 6 dots and in the Gigabyte the computer resets 
after the 6 dots of the boot process.
I did the next: On a Computer where works fine QNX4 I installed a new HD, I installed QNX from Floppy, I Update the QNX 
2.25 version to the 4.25E, I Updated the Networkdrivers, and System Drivers to the last ones that I got on QNX Web site.
 I am using this Fsys.ahci file: 85215 Sep 17 18:15 Fsys.ahci, I am using this Proc32 file: 135682 Sep 17 18:15 Proc32. 
The boot build file has theese lines: $ Proc32 -E0 -l 1 -p 3500 -s 256 -H -f 16 2048 2048, $ Fsys.ahci fsys -M 4 ahci 
vid=0x8086,did=0x1c02,pci=0. I also tried with $Fsys.ahci alone, but can´t work.
Please I really appreciate any help or suggestion to install QNX4 on a Computer with Fsys.ahci. Of course on the BIOS is
 set the ahci option. Thanks in advance for your help. Victor Gamboa
Re: Can´t boot with Fsys.ahci...  
Hi Victor,

Unfortunately, I don't have Intel DH61WW and Gigabyte GA 277M-D3H (assuming Z77M-D3H). So I have tried to reproduce the 
issue on Asus H8H77 mainboard. It is based on H77 chipset that similar to Z77. In my case all works fine. Fsys.atapi 
works in IDE mode, Fsys.ahci works without any specific options in AHCI mode.

Can the Gigabyte board set SATA controller to IDE mode? How is it working with Fsys.atapi?

Respectfully,
Oleg

20.09.2013, в 2:34:48, Victor Gamboa написал:

> Hi ! I am installing QNX4 on a CPU ( I tried a Intel DH61WW Chipset Intel and a Gigabyte GA 277M-D3H Chipset Intel) 
with Fsys.ahci, but on the Intel Motherboard the boot process stop after 6 dots and in the Gigabyte the computer resets 
after the 6 dots of the boot process.
> I did the next: On a Computer where works fine QNX4 I installed a new HD, I installed QNX from Floppy, I Update the 
QNX 2.25 version to the 4.25E, I Updated the Networkdrivers, and System Drivers to the last ones that I got on QNX Web 
site. I am using this Fsys.ahci file: 85215 Sep 17 18:15 Fsys.ahci, I am using this Proc32 file: 135682 Sep 17 18:15 
Proc32. The boot build file has theese lines: $ Proc32 -E0 -l 1 -p 3500 -s 256 -H -f 16 2048 2048, $ Fsys.ahci fsys -M 4
 ahci vid=0x8086,did=0x1c02,pci=0. I also tried with $Fsys.ahci alone, but can´t work.
> Please I really appreciate any help or suggestion to install QNX4 on a Computer with Fsys.ahci. Of course on the BIOS 
is set the ahci option. Thanks in advance for your help. Victor Gamboa
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105261
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com

Thanks Oleg. If install QNX4 on a machine that works with QNX4, setup the boot file with Fsys.atapi, and then put the HD
 on the new machine, will it work ?
Hi Victor,

Generally, it should work, but it may depend on how two different BIOSes calculate geometry of your HD.

Respectfully,
Oleg

20.09.2013, в 21:31:57, Victor Gamboa написал(а):

> Thanks Oleg. If install QNX4 on a machine that works with QNX4, setup the boot file with Fsys.atapi, and then put the 
HD on the new machine, will it work ?
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post105289
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com