Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 4.25 Pg.i830: (3 Items)

QNX 4.25 Pg.i830  
I am using the Pg.i830 driver with 3 different CRTs.

It works correctly on the 6.4 inch and 15 inch CRTs but on the 12 inch CRT the display image is shifted to the right by 
30 or 40 pixels and there appears to be no way to adjust that.

In this configuration when the Pg.i830 driver is run I cannot bring up the CRT menu to adjust the positioning.

Are there any command line options to the driver that could adjust the X coordinate to shift it back to the left.  I 
have tried -o-40,0 but it had no effect.

I am also not sure why the built in CRT firmware menu would stop working with this driver running.  It works fine if I 
use the flat model driver.

The CPU/GPU that is driving the display is the same in all three cases so I would guess it must be something with this 
particular CRT display.

Any suggestions for things to try? Using the flat mode video driver works fine but we really want to take advantage of 
the Pg.i830 driver and hardware acceleration.

Output of show_pci -v attached.

Thanks very much.

Larry
Attachment: Image photo.JPG 1.91 MB
Re: QNX 4.25 Pg.i830  
Hi Larry,

This is issue of your particular CRT display. To adjust the screen image position you have to update appropriate line in
 your /etc/config/trap/crtc-settings.<NODE>.

Respectfully,
Oleg

15.03.2013, в 0:30:37, Larry Sweet написал:

> I am using the Pg.i830 driver with 3 different CRTs.
> 
> It works correctly on the 6.4 inch and 15 inch CRTs but on the 12 inch CRT the display image is shifted to the right 
by 30 or 40 pixels and there appears to be no way to adjust that.
> 
> In this configuration when the Pg.i830 driver is run I cannot bring up the CRT menu to adjust the positioning.
> 
> Are there any command line options to the driver that could adjust the X coordinate to shift it back to the left.  I 
have tried -o-40,0 but it had no effect.
> 
> I am also not sure why the built in CRT firmware menu would stop working with this driver running.  It works fine if I
 use the flat model driver.
> 
> The CPU/GPU that is driving the display is the same in all three cases so I would guess it must be something with this
 particular CRT display.
> 
> Any suggestions for things to try? Using the flat mode video driver works fine but we really want to take advantage of
 the Pg.i830 driver and hardware acceleration.
> 
> Output of show_pci -v attached.
> 
> Thanks very much.
> 
> Larry
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX4 Community Support
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post99912
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail qnx4-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
> <photo.JPG>

Re: QNX 4.25 Pg.i830  
Thank you for the reply Oleg.

Can you provide any details on the correct options for the crt.node file.

I tried the -o option by passing these options to the driver using the advanced tab in the Photon display configuration 
utility.

This did not work.

Are there other options I should be using?

Should I be editing the crt.node file directly?

This is the first line in the crt.node file:

Null.ms;Pg.i830 -g800x600x32 -d0x8086,0x3582 -I0 -HNqnx/crt;#800,600,32,200,0CBDr,i830 - Intel 82830/82845/82852/82855/

Thanks very much for your help.

Larry