Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Packet size issue on QNX 4.25 in ESXi 5.0: (2 Items)

Packet size issue on QNX 4.25 in ESXi 5.0  
I have been trying to resolve my issue with FTP and copying files between two QNX 4.25 guest systems that are created in
 a virtual environment.   It only appears to be able to transfer file sizes of 1024 and that is all.   I have been 
trying to play around with my MTU size and see if that helps me out.   Not sure if there is another setting I can 
configure either on the Virtual Server of the QNX 4.25 setup.

I need assistance on what to try and get this resolved----I have posted before and I was told to try all older Net.e1000
 drivers and I did but got same results.
Hopefully someone can help me figure this out.
Re: Packet size issue on QNX 4.25 in ESXi 5.0  
Unfortunately, I've never worked with ESXi, and I don't have any particular advice for you, but I can offer you the 
datapoint that I run two QNX 4.25 virtual machines under VMware Server 2.0 (on a Windows XP host) with no networking 
problems.  The QNX 4.25 installer chose the Net.ether2100 drivers under VMware Server 2.0 (as opposed to the Net.e1000 
drivers).  I have no idea if ESXi gives you any kind of choice for virtual ethernet hardware.

Other potentially-relevant information:  I'm using bridged networking.  Both of my QNX virtual machines can talk to each
 other just fine and to various physical hosts (QNX4, Linux, and Windows) on my physical network.  Both IP and native 
QNX networking work fine.

Good luck!

Walt
(Random fellow QNX 4.25 end-user...)