Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Message passing to qnx6: (2 Items)

Message passing to qnx6  
I'm sure it's been asked before, but I've not managed to find much. I have a 6 node qnx4 system, and wish to add some 
more hardware, which would ordinarily be another qnx4 node, running on a pc104 computer. I am considering running this "
node" under qnx6 to give myself the chance to learn this new fangled os. Are there any products/solutions that would 
allow my qnx4 system to message pass to the qnx6 machine via Ethernet? (other than resorting to tcpip sockets)

Thanks

Julian Thornhill
RE: Message passing to qnx6  
Not that I know of.  But you can write yourself a "bridge program" we`ve done that in the past.  One QNX4 and QNX6 side 
you write a program that taking incoming native messaging and using TCP/IP to relay the message.

The problem with QNX4 and QNX6 is that the philosophy is different ( send to a channel versus a process), pulse can have
 payload, etc so it`s not possible to make it completely compatible.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Julian Thornhill [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Envoyé : 14 décembre 2011 13:27
À : qnx4-community
Objet : Message passing to qnx6

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I've not managed to find much. I have a 6 node qnx4 system, and wish to add some 
more hardware, which would ordinarily be another qnx4 node, running on a pc104 computer. I am considering running this "
node" under qnx6 to give myself the chance to learn this new fangled os. Are there any products/solutions that would 
allow my qnx4 system to message pass to the qnx6 machine via Ethernet? (other than resorting to tcpip sockets)

Thanks

Julian Thornhill

QNX4 Community Support
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post90628