Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How do I get devu-kbd working?: (2 Items)

How do I get devu-kbd working?  
I've installed the latest QNX 4.25 USB stack (2010-07-07), and started "io-usb" and "devu-kbd". The "usb" utility 
indicates that my USB keyboard is connected, but it still doesn't seem to be working. What am I missing?

Note that I'm using the character-mode console only, not Photon.

I'm not sure whether it matters, but I did plug in the keyboard before starting devu-kbd.

I've used BIOS emulation successfully before, but of course this stops working as soon as "io-usb" is started.
Re: How do I get devu-kbd working?  
Hi Graham,

Unfortunately under QNX4 you cannot use a USB keyboard in console mode (unless you are using BIOS emulation).  Dev.con 
does not support USB devices so it has no knowledge that a keyboard is attached.

So your best bet would be to just use the BIOS emulation and if you need USB support, get a PCI card and when you start 
io-usb you can specify which controller you are using so the BIOS emulation is not disabled (see pci index in the devu-*
 driver).  This should work, however I have never tried it.

Best regards,

Erick

> I've installed the latest QNX 4.25 USB stack (2010-07-07), and started "io-usb
> " and "devu-kbd". The "usb" utility indicates that my USB keyboard is 
> connected, but it still doesn't seem to be working. What am I missing?
> 
> Note that I'm using the character-mode console only, not Photon.
> 
> I'm not sure whether it matters, but I did plug in the keyboard before 
> starting devu-kbd.
> 
> I've used BIOS emulation successfully before, but of course this stops working
>  as soon as "io-usb" is started.