Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - BSP 6.5SP1 to 6.5 port: (4 Items)

BSP 6.5SP1 to 6.5 port  
Can a 6.5.0 SP1 BSP be built on a 6.5.0 momentics IDE environment?
Is it just a mater of copying files from a similar BSP as the 6.4 to 6.5 migration?
Re: BSP 6.5SP1 to 6.5 port  
I guess it can be built, because the layout and structure of BSPs and the QNX Momentics SDP have not changed between 6.5
.0 and SP1. But I would not be surprised if it either
- does not boot up at all
- boots up and looks ok but behaves strangely later on

SP1 was a quite substantial step, and any subsequent releases/patches are mostly only targeted towards 6.5.0SP1.

It will very much depend on the platform that you are looking at. Can you give more details? Do you have a particular 
reason why you want to stick with 6.5.0?

Regards,
Albrecht
Thanks, Here is more info...
Currently have 6.5.0 apps developed/installed, in the field, with photon.

Replacing, through attrition, a Lippert N270/945GSE PC104+ board(6.5.0 BSP) with an ADLINK CM2-BT2-E3825 board.  The 
ADLINK board has, manufacture supplied, 6.5.0SP1 BSP and 7.  We need a 6.5.0 BSP.  

My initial thought was to mod the 6.5.0SP1 to 6.5.0.
Can  a generic X86 BSP work?  But the current list does not show one for 6.5.0.  Is that still available?   

Hi Ralph,
if the BSP is supplied by Adlink, I suggest to contact them if a downgrade is possible and at what cost.

The other option is to use the SP1 BSP supplied by Adlink, enjoy their support, and bring your application forward to 
SP1. This would give you a mucher better maintainable solution in the mid and long term.

Looking at the Adlink platform you mentioned, it's based on Baytrail SoC and Intel i210 network controllers, and getting
 this to work on 6.5.0 will probably cause a lot of headache.

Regards,
Albrecht