Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - 'dumper' running on non-root does not work without secpogenerate: Page 1 of 8 (8 Items)

'dumper' running on non-root does not work without secpogenerate  
Let me explain my scenario:
Version : QNX 7.0.0

I am using secpolgenerate utility to generate security policy for the dumper. The secpolgenerate observes all the 
behavior of the dumper and creates a policy file at /dev/secpolgenerate/policy.

The command I used for secpolgenerate:
'secpolgenerate -u -t 100'

I start the dumper using command:
on -T dumper_t /proc/boot/dumper -U 112 ( Here 112 is the user id on which I want the dumper to run and dumper_t is the 
type defined for dumper in the security policy file )

The "pidin ar" command shows the dumper running with user id - 112 and also the policy file generated in location /dev/
secpolgenerate/policy shows all the abilities the type dumper_t require to run the dumper.

The same generated policy( at /dev/secpolgenerate/policy) is added into the security policy document. The new security 
policy document is compiled using secpolcompile utility and the binary of the security policy is added into /proc/boot/
secpol.bin.

This time I do not run the command 'secpolgenerate -u -t 100' and run the dumper "on -T dumper_t /proc/boot/dumper -U 
112". 

Now the "pidin ar" command does not show the dumper running.

I believe the secpolgenerate utility generate all the abilities require by the dumper to run. But with the same 
abilities I don't see the dumper running on non-root i.e. /proc/boot/dumper -U 112 when we disable the command 
'secpolgenerate -u -t 100'.