Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX Advanced Graphics and synchronization times of LCD: (3 Items)

QNX Advanced Graphics and synchronization times of LCD  
Hello, I have question about using LCD display in QNX 6.5. Resolution of the dispaly is 800x480, so it's not standard 
SVGA supported by SMI7xx or SVGA drivers. I found configuration file - smi7xx.conf where it is possible to put 
synchronization times and all other parameters for different resolutions. Is it enough to put parameters in that file 
for my LCD display to be supported by driver properly? Now I'm not sure if that parameters are good. In LCD manual I 
found only some Data enable mode parameters (nothing about synchronization pulses)... During drawing smth on the screen,
 with Advanced Graphic sometimes I see blinking. It seems that a part of a new picture is printed and then the rest of 
the picture is printed in next synchronization cycle.   
Re: QNX Advanced Graphics and synchronization times of LCD  
You are correct that the smi7xx.conf is to be used to setup LCD timings for resolutions not standard to our framework or
 override default timings.

Do you only see the issue when an application is updating?  If you display a static image on the display does it look 
correct without any flicker?     If the issue is only when applications update do you see the issue if you try different
 applications?

It's possible that this is timing related - if you adjust the values in the smi7xx.conf do you see the issue worsen or 
improve?
Re: QNX Advanced Graphics and synchronization times of LCD  
When I load bitmap covering whole screen or draw whole screen rectangle I can see the process of loading. It doesn't 
appear immediately. Of course it is very fast but you can see some kind of lags between fullfill different parts of 
screen. Flickering appears, when I update images dynamically.I think it's caused by slow loading images on the screen. 
Is it because there is no hardware acceleration? Actually it's not a problem in my application, because i'm going to 
update only small parts of the screen, and that action is unnoticable. 
I'm just wondering if smi7xx.conf is actually used by smi controller in target. I tried with many different 
configurations and none of them change anything. I put the path to configuration file "modeopts=/hd0/etc/smi7xx.conf " 
in display.conf. File is read by driver, because there is no errors. (When I deleted file, driver printed error). It 
looks like driver needs this configuration file, but for custom resolution (800x480 defined in display.conf) it doesn't 
interpret it properly and using something build-in.
I got new lcd panel for tests. 5" 800x480 LVDS 24bits. There is much worse problem. There is offset about 25% to right 
side and about 5-6 pixels to the bottom. This offset appears when PC starts, even BIOS is shifted. Distributor of LCD 
Panel sent me timing parameters based on HDMI interface and I was told that it should work.
I tried to put this parameters into smi7xx.conf, but it doesn't make any difference, as before.
I know that it's something wrong with this panel, but configuration timings could fix this in application.