Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Extending Zynq zc702 BSP driver: (3 Items)

Extending Zynq zc702 BSP driver  
Hi folks,

Not sure if I should post this here. But I don't find BSP related sub-forums.

I have a 7c702 evaluation board at hand, and download the BSP for Xilinx Zynq 7000 ZC702 EVM from the following link

http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.bsp/wiki/XilinxZc702

Since Zynq device can be further customized, I added one more AXI timer in PL(Programmable Logic) and would like to 
control it in QNX.
The BSP mentioned above does not provide driver support for AXI timer. So I would like to do it myself.

Anyone who has experience extending an existing BSP project ? Is there any guidline to make extensions ?

Thanks in advance!

Randy
Re: Extending Zynq zc702 BSP driver  
Hi Randy,

I can't help with the AXI timer right now but it is something I also will be wanting to look at before too long I expect

I would be interested however in how you found the BSP and how easy it was to get working with the Zedboard EVM. I have 
one of these on order with an ETA mid June. I am very keen to see how easy it is to integrate the FPGA and CPU 
technologies, specifically with QNX6.5.0 running on the Zync 702.

Did you have any problems getting QNX6.5.0 running on the Zedboard? If you did, any pointers on what to look out for?

Thanks,

Geoff.
Re: Extending Zynq zc702 BSP driver  
Hi Geoff,

I'm not using Zedboard for test, it's a Xilinx zc702 board.
But I believe the BSP package in the linkage I posted previously would also work on Zedboard (Maybe with slight 
modifications).

I don't recall I ever met big problems while getting the BSP running. It was a smooth process. But I'm not sure if it 
will be the same case with Zedboard.

You will need QNX Momentics and Xilinx SDK and Xilinx Vivado to make the most use of features on your test board.
If you meet any problem, we can discuss together. I'm happy to have some one discuss with in this forum.

Regarding the topic I posted, I have given up the idea extending the BSP for now. Since simply manipulating timer 
registers can make it work, I will consider build it into BSP together with other devices in PL.

Randy