Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Phindows refresh error: (6 Items)

Phindows refresh error  
Targhet: Power PC MPC5121, QNX 6.5

Phindows (3.0.44) running on Windows terminal doesn't refresh same widgets on OSContainers that are instead refreshed on
 display (800x480). This happen especially when Phindows is activated after the GUI photon application on targhet, and 
windows (Dialogs) are moved from off-screen position to on-screen position.

Taghet phrelay activation on inetd.conf file:
   "phrelay    stream tcp nowait root  /usr/bin/phrelay         phrelay -x"

We tested many options available on Phindows settings without results.
See attachments.

Any ideas?

Thanks
William Leporati
Attachment: Compressed file Phindows .zip 3.5 MB
RE: Phindows refresh error  
It's been a long time since I worked with Phindows/phrelay and offscreen containers... I know that Phindows keeps its 
own copy of all offscreen display memory, and phrelay sends draw commands that act on this memory to each Phindows 
session that is currently dittoing the main display. Whenever Phindows connects to an existing Photon session, the 
display gets refreshed so that all the draw commands are re-performed to recreate the offscreen contents. Perhaps this 
refresh is not working in this case?

For OSContainers to display properly in Phindows, no direct manipulation of the offscreen memory can be performed, i.e. 
by getting a pointer to the offscreen memory. All draws must be part of the regular photon draw stream. This doesn't 
seem to be the problem here because the undrawn contents look like regular widgets.

I'm assuming your PPC target is big endian. Can you try to reproduce this problem with an x86 target, maybe even using a
 virtual Neutrino machine? If this only happens with PPC, then there could be an issue with the endian conversions that 
Phindows does. The last offscreen endian problem I have notes on was back in 2008.

Regards,
Max

-----Original Message-----
From: Domenico Ferrari [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 8:33 AM
To: general-community
Subject: Phindows refresh error

Targhet: Power PC MPC5121, QNX 6.5

Phindows (3.0.44) running on Windows terminal doesn't refresh same widgets on OSContainers that are instead refreshed on
 display (800x480). This happen especially when Phindows is activated after the GUI photon application on targhet, and 
windows (Dialogs) are moved from off-screen position to on-screen position.

Taghet phrelay activation on inetd.conf file:
   "phrelay    stream tcp nowait root  /usr/bin/phrelay         phrelay -x"

We tested many options available on Phindows settings without results.
See attachments.

Any ideas?

Thanks
William Leporati

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post110389
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: Phindows refresh error  
The problem is exacly the same running the application on x86 Qnx virtual machine, so the endian isn't the causes of 
problem.

My impression is the matter is connected to widget (dialogs) that are moved on off-screen position (-1000;-1000) and 
moved on active area of display.

The repositioning of widget in "very negative position" is recommanded as faster alternative of destroing and creation 
of widget by Photon programming guide.

Additional note:
- the main display is always refreshed correctly.
- the matter happen only when I activate Phindows after my photon application
- if Phindows is already active before my photon application runs all is ok

It seem that when I activate Phindows, it takes the controls of graphics region memory of active area only losing the 
off-screen initialized dialogs.
Re: RE: Phindows refresh error  
Issue solved!

When you need to use PtOSContainer and Phindows session started after Photon application, you simply need to set 
OSC_Flags to USE_MEM_ON_DEMAND.

I hope this can help others people with same problem.

William Leporati
RE: RE: Phindows refresh error  
Thanks for letting everyone know. The full name of this flag is "Pt_OSC_MEM_ON_DEMAND". I couldn't find any 
documentation on it, so if anybody knows the original purpose of this flag it would be nice to learn about it.

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: Domenico Ferrari [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:34 AM
To: general-community
Subject: Re: RE: Phindows refresh error

Issue solved!

When you need to use PtOSContainer and Phindows session started after Photon application, you simply need to set 
OSC_Flags to USE_MEM_ON_DEMAND.

I hope this can help others people with same problem.

William Leporati

General
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post110454
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail general-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: Phindows refresh error  
I haven't worked with Phindows for a very long time.  I will be interested to see what the others say.

http://www.escalatehosting.com/special/645214