Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Newbie Getting Started Question (Java and RTOS installation): (5 Items)

Newbie Getting Started Question (Java and RTOS installation)  
Hi,

The company I work for is providing a Java platform and application for a QNX customer.  As a result, I have acquired a 
partner license for 6.5.0.  I've received a box with QNX RTOS 6.5.0 already installed from the client, and I have 
installed the Momentics Software Development Platform on my linux build host.  Largely, that's been irrelevant to me so 
far as I've been working with the Jamaica product from Aicas which takes my Java code and produces a QNX JVM/application
 binary for me.  I copy that over to the existing QNX RTOS box and just run it.

However, we're having some performance issues and we want to try beefier hardware.  The existing QNX RTOS box is a core 
2 duo, and we want to try installing on an i7.  I checked out the video tutorial about installing the RTOS, but it 
assumed I already had an RTOS CD.  I'm happy to boot from a CD and overwrite the disk on the i7, or just boot the i7 
from a thumb drive.  But I can't find a "download a CD to install the RTOS" link.  I see the system builder in the 
Momentics IDE, but it looks like I need to know quite a bit about the OS and the target platform to build that way.  Can
 anyone point me at a generic "getting started" given my particular situation?

Thanks!
AC
Re: Newbie Getting Started Question (Java and RTOS installation)  
Hi there!

>  But
>  I can't find a "download a CD to install the RTOS" link.  

www.qnx.com -> Download Center -> QNX Software Development Platform 6.5.x 

There you can download e.g.:

QNX® Software Development Platform 6.5.0 [Build 201007091524] — QNX Neutrino RTOS Installation and Boot DVD [All 
Targets] 

A text below this download says: "This DVD installs the QNX Software Development Platform for self-hosted operation 
under the QNX Neutrino RTOS."

One download further there's also a CD image (smaller download, contains only x86).

That's the closest you can get - there is no CD to install the RTOS *only*. QNX Neutrino is usually deployed in a cross-
development manner.

Hope this helps,

- Malte
Thanks, Malte!  

I ended up going that route, but it appears that QNX recognizes neither the video card (starting photon gives me a blank
 screen with a blinking white line-cursor), nor the ethernet card (starting without photon, I don't see en0 even in the 
list of disabled devices from a ifconfig -a (or ifconfig -d).  So, I've still got some work to do to get running, but 
I'm further at least :)

Thanks again!
AC
Hmm... have you tried Service Pack 1? It contains newer drivers. Also, there is a new "experimental drivers" section on 
Foundry27 on the BSP page with the very latest drivers to try out.

Good luck!

- Malte
RE: Newbie Getting Started Question (Java and RTOS installation)  

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Malte Mundt [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com]
> Envoyé : 26 septembre 2012 10:56
> À : general-community
> Objet : Re: Newbie Getting Started Question (Java and RTOS installation)
> 
> Hmm... have you tried Service Pack 1? It contains newer drivers. Also, there is a
> new "experimental drivers" section on Foundry27 on the BSP page with the very
> latest drivers to try out.

Couldn`t find that section.

> 
> Good luck!
> 
> - Malte
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
>