Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX Neutrino RTOS Installation Hangs: (2 Items)

QNX Neutrino RTOS Installation Hangs  
Hello,

I am trying to install the QNX Neutrino RTOS operating system included with the SDP 6.4.1 DVD.  The computer I have is a
 DELL Optiplex 760 with a Core 2 Quad Q8400 processor.  Unfortunately I cannot even get the installer to boot.  The 
computer begins to boot from the DVD and the initial boot message appears that says 'Hit Esc for .altboot.'  Then a 
number of periods appear on the screen '...' and then the system just hangs there indefinitely.  I have also tried a 6.4
.0 install CD with the same result.  Switching AHCI mode for Legacy mode in SATA options did not make a difference.  I 
don't even know where to begin with a problem like this, so any help I could get would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hunter
Re: QNX Neutrino RTOS Installation Hangs  
Well, I found another thread talking about how QNX wouldn't boot unless USB support is disabled in the BIOS.  That is 
indeed the case here.  Disabling USB in the BIOS does allow me to get past this hang, but this machine does not have PS/
2 ports for mouse and keyboard, so that doesn't seem like a viable option here.  Is there any known workaround for this 
problem?  

Hunter