05/19/2008 4:29 AM
Can not enter clock_handler for DMP Vortex86SX
This is to seek help on the problem analysis of during porting QNX to DMP Vortex86SX board, the steps are:
1) A nutrino host with QNX Momentics Suite 6.3.2
2) Download and compile x86 BSP 6.3.2, and copy "startup-bios" to
3) Download micro kernel according to the following link
4) Add debug message to "services\system\ker\nano_clock.c" at the beginning of "clock_handler(...)" as
static int once_flag = 0;
if (once_flag == 0)
once_flag = once_flag + 1;
then compile, and copy "procnto" to "/usr/qnx632/target/qnx6/x86/boot/sys"
5) Make a bootable floppy disk as the following (simple.bld is attached)
mkifs -v simple.bld simple.ifs
dinit -f simple.ifs /dev/fd0
6) Boot the floppy disk on the desktop, it can show all messages as expected.
"Enter clock_handler" is shown, and keyboard is working.
7) Boot the floppy disk on Vortex86SX
Noticed that "Enter clock_handler" is not shown, and keyboard does not work.
8) Try to add some debug messages to show IMR/IRR/ISR values of the
master interrupt controller after the micro kernel has been started up.
The results are: IMR 0xfa
On the desktop PC, the values are 0xfa, 0x00, 0x00
1) What are the possible reasons for unable to enter clock handler?
Vortex86SX is supposed to be a 486 compatible SOC with 300M frequency.
2) Where are the places I should check?
Thanks a lot