Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Help: DBus port for QNX???: (6 Items)

Help: DBus port for QNX???  
Has anyone successfully been able to port DBus onto QNX? Ideally, I'd like to port it to both x86, SH4, and ARM 
processors under QNX 6.3.2.

I have already attempted this feat by pulling down the latest DBus tarball (version 1.2.1), using "addvariant" to create
 nto-x86-o and nto-sh-le directories and provided a simple build-hooks script to set the appropriate compiler depending 
on the target. At that point I invoke 'make' and QNX's recursive make automagically calls GNU autoconf's "configure" 
script to generate the necessary Makefiles. The "configure" script nearly reaches the end where it invokes the "config.
status" script to do some final generation steps and just hangs forever. If I ctrl-C to break out I'm left at a prompt 
where even 'ls' does not work. I can navigate the filesystem but cannot 'ls' anything. So, the configure scripts whacks 
the OS horribly. Even susequent logins do not fix the problem. I'm forced to reboot the (virtual) machine (thankfully 
it's a x86 QNX 6.3.2 host running under VMWare). 

Has anyone encountered anything similar? Has anyone been able to port DBus from Linux to QNX? It looks like it should be
 fairly straightforward since (thankfully) DBus does not appear to have any dependencies on Linux specific features.
Re: Help: DBus port for QNX???  
Sounds like your devb-eide driver died...

Could it be

http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.core_os/discussion.newcode.topc1922
http://www.openqnx.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=41381

ie do you have a ramdisk?

Glenn Schmottlach wrote:
> Has anyone successfully been able to port DBus onto QNX? Ideally, I'd 
like to port it to both x86, SH4, and ARM processors under QNX 6.3.2.
> 
> I have already attempted this feat by pulling down the latest DBus tarball (version 1.2.1), using "addvariant" to 
create nto-x86-o and nto-sh-le directories and provided a simple build-hooks script to set the appropriate compiler 
depending on the target. At that point I invoke 'make' and QNX's recursive make automagically calls GNU autoconf's "
configure" script to generate the necessary Makefiles. The "configure" script nearly reaches the end where it invokes 
the "config.status" script to do some final generation steps and just hangs forever. If I ctrl-C to break out I'm left 
at a prompt where even 'ls' does not work. I can navigate the filesystem but cannot 'ls' anything. So, the configure 
scripts whacks the OS horribly. Even susequent logins do not fix the problem. I'm forced to reboot the (virtual) machine
 (thankfully it's a x86 QNX 6.3.2 host running under VMWare). 
> 
> Has anyone encountered anything similar? Has anyone been able to port DBus from Linux to QNX? It looks like it should 
be fairly straightforward since (thankfully) DBus does not appear to have any dependencies on Linux specific features.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post11167
> 

-- 
cburgess@qnx.com
Unfortunately, devb-eide is running just fine when this situation occurs. It's seems like I can do nearly everything but
 'ls' and 'pwd'. This includes navigating around the directories using 'cd' or using 'more' or 'cat' to view a file. 
Those programs all work.

When I type 'ls' I see the following:

# ls
ls: Not a directory (.)

When the configure script is hung, it's actually doing things (under Photon the terminal shows what program is being 
spawned by the shell in the little button on the lower status bar). I see 'sh' and 'dirname' (and others) being launched
 by the config.status script.

This is really bizarre behavior. I've never seen a 'configure' script cripple an OS. 
> Unfortunately, devb-eide is running just fine when this situation occurs. It's
>  seems like I can do nearly everything but 'ls' and 'pwd'. This includes 
> navigating around the directories using 'cd' or using 'more' or 'cat' to view 
> a file. Those programs all work.
> 
> When I type 'ls' I see the following:
> 
> # ls
> ls: Not a directory (.)
> 
> When the configure script is hung, it's actually doing things (under Photon 
> the terminal shows what program is being spawned by the shell in the little 
> button on the lower status bar). I see 'sh' and 'dirname' (and others) being 
> launched by the config.status script.
> 
> This is really bizarre behavior. I've never seen a 'configure' script cripple 
> an OS. 

Guessing. Either Your shell is messed up or Your FS is corrupt or both .

Once the situation occurs can You telnet that vmware box do a ls in that directory and run chkfsys -uP /  ?

Just beeing curiuos, does this happen if You try this on a physical/real non-vm-box ?

Jeevan  

Please see attached picture.

Jeevan

Attachment: Image messedupShell.JPG 40.43 KB
This problem is solved. The "configure" script for DBUS tests for abstract local domain (unix) sockets. As part of the 
test it builds a program and tries to run it. Unfortunately, for QNX 6.3.2 (since fixed in the forthcoming QNX 6.4) a 
call to bind() using the abstract sockets naming convention (first character of the "name" field is NULL) caused the 
network stack to damage the filesystem (which I am told could be "fixed" by slaying the network stack). So, since QNX 
doesn't support abstract domain sockets, I just removed the test from the configure script.