Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - f32qldr error : (9 Items)

f32qldr error  
Hi everybody,

today I tried to use 'f32qldr' with a USB-Stick. I do everthing write in readme.txt. When I star from the USB-Stick this
 will be shown:

f32qldr Version 1.00
Filename /BOOT.IFS
###### (<- I think this is loading the IFS ?)
entire program not loaded!
<press any key to reboot>

Hmm, what is wrong? If tried own build IFS and the QNX Base IFS, some problem - any idea ?

Thanks
Re: f32qldr error  
Yes, it starts loading the ifs but there seems to be a problem traversing the FAT32 list.  Try the attached utilities 
which integrate f32qldr with a fat32 formatter.
Attachment: Compressed file f32utils.zip 41.73 KB
I've tried this descriped in usbstick.txt. Same error - only change: the QNX Bootloader was installed.

[code]
D:\develop_tools\qnx\qnx_fat32_tools\new_f32utils>f32fdisk.exe -c \\.\PhysicalDr
ive1

f32fdisk
  Continuing will delete all data on the device.
  Are you sure [Y|N]? y
  Partitioning \\.\PhysicalDrive1 for a single FAT32 partition
  Partition offset 63, partition length 8287169...
  Partitioning complete

D:\develop_tools\qnx\qnx_fat32_tools\new_f32utils>f32fmt -c \\.\PhysicalDrive1
f32fmt
  Continuing will delete all data in the partition!
  Are you sure [Y|N]? y
  FAT32 formatting \\.\PhysicalDrive1 at lba 63 for lba len 8287169...
  Created volume file \\.\PhysicalDrive1 with serial number 0x95c11bfe

[/code]
Have you tried a different usb stick?  Sorry, I don't have any more suggestions, but others have used it successfully.
Yes, I have tried it with another USB-Stick. Whats happen when this error is appear?
int 13h, function 42h returned carryflag set - read error.  Could be due to asking for a non-existent sector.  Line 493 
in source.
I've tried now three different USb-Sticks on two different PC - always the same - it don't work. Or is the IFS corrupt 
but on a Cf-Card with a QNX Base Install it works fine.
There was lots of direct email regarding this failure case.  This post is a summary of the outcome.

Turns out that BIOS returned error (CF on) for the very last cluster read.  The last cluster was partial - meaning a 
portion of the requested 8 sectors was outside the file as specified by the directory entry.  A version of f32qldr with 
line 567 changed from "JNC" to "JMP" loaded the .ifs correctly.

It is illogical that BIOS would know anything about the workings of a particular filesystem but that seems to be the 
case.  Likely work-around is to pad boot.ifs to the next cluster boundary so there is no slack area.

The BIOSs with this reported issue are...
Kontron Board: Phoenix Bios R127 (MODBR127)
FujitsuSiemens Laptop: Phoenix TrustedCore Bios 1.17
Samsung Netbook: Phoenix 07D0

Dennis
If the original f32qldr terminates with the error <entire program not loaded!>, try the attached binary (version 1.01). 
 Phoenix bios seems to return an error indicator when end- of-file is reached, causing the original to abort.  This 
version ignores the errorcode (assumes success) on the final read.
Attachment: Text f32qldr 1.67 KB